Day 2: #30DayDesignChallenge

8/03/2016 09:07:00 PM

Day 2 of my #30DayDesignChallenge comes to an end as an epic fail. Here's what I was supposed to do...

Day 2 – Turn Your Handwriting Into A Font: Good typography is at the heart of a lot of great design. One way to help understand type and to grow in your appreciation of it as a craft is to create your very own font using your handwriting. A site like My Script Font will allow you to scan in your own letters and convert them to a usable font.

I have attempted several times to scan the font template for My Script Font to convert, unfortunately my printer sucks :( There's no setting to pump up the dpi so I'm stuck scanning at a resolution that is too low. I'm a resilient woman so I am absolutely not giving up. I will scan it again tomorrow and try with a few different pens to see if that improves my results.

You can download my completely unsuccessful attempts here and here, but trust me when I say they are laughable. Honestly, I'm sharing them more as proof of my commitment to the challenge.

Also, I was surprised to learn I don't actually remember how to write in cursive! I had to look up what a cursive 'Q' and 'Z' look like - yikes! Thank goodness I have a few years to brush up on my cursive before Ty will need me as a tutor. Then again, I hear they aren't teaching cursive in school anymore so perhaps I'd be studying a lost art.

Just for the heck of it, here's an extra cute pick of our little dude riding his birthday trike. Until tomorrow, buds :)


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Twitter

Subscribe